A CAREER THAT CHANGES LIVES
Send your CV/résumé and cover letter to:
Location: Remote, with potential for deployment
Reports to: Executive Director
The Development Representative (DR) will be the primary Trek Medics point of contact to ensure the expansion of our organization’s impact and business growth. The DR will identify and execute in areas where there is significant potential for converting and growing business, and will support business initiatives in tandem with senior management. Additionally, the DR may be required to work outside primary territory targets as required by business conditions.
Trek Medics International is a nongovernmental organization dedicated to improving access to emergency care and transport to vulnerable and at-risk populations through innovative mobile technologies. We do this primarily through Beacon, a mobile phone-based emergency dispatching platform that allows individuals and/or response agencies to alert, coordinate and track emergency responders using any mobile device, with or without Internet. Beacon is currently used in nearly 20 countries by a wide range of emergency response agencies, including emergency medical services, fire departments, search and rescue organizations, domestic violence advocates, and substance abuse and harm reduction organizations. We are committed to ongoing breakthrough developments in inclusive response technologies, unrivaled service and support, and uncompromising leadership. Our trusted technology delivers performance and inspires confidence through a comprehensive approach that takes every element of the emergency response workflow into careful consideration.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Works under direction of the Executive Director
- Provides case coverage for existing program partners, and is responsible for in-servicing and other account support duties as assigned
- Promotes and supports the sale of Trek Medics technology products and services including Beacon and consulting services through coordinated and consistent outreach campaigns
- Responsible for developing, building, and strengthening long-term relationships with stakeholders and partners including response agencies, governmental agencies, non-governmental organizations, international and multinational development partners, etc.
- Responsible for pursuing leads, assessing needs and providing product services to maximize the benefits derived from Trek Medics products and/or services.
- Conducts and/or evaluates market research including customers and competitors’ activities.
- Assesses customer needs and feedback regarding new products and/or modifications to existing products and communicates to management and internal stakeholders.
MUST HAVE – MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Experience in emergency management
- Proven record of successful sales experience
- An introductory knowledge of company products & services
VERY NICE TO HAVE
- Proficient Spanish
- Willing and able to travel to catastrophic disasters, domestic or international
NICE TO HAVE
- 3-5 years previous field sales experience
- Prior medical device, business to business or pharmaceutical sales experience highly preferred
- Knowledge of sales techniques typically gained through education and / or on the job learning
- Introductory knowledge of company products and services
- Demonstrable, consistent success in previous roles indicated by high level of sales performance
- Strong customer focus in delivering sales and building relationships
- Understanding of procurement and contracting processes among governmental, non-governmental and non-profit agencies
- Excellent written, verbal skills; ability to develop and present complex business reviews/presentations
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software. Ability to effectively navigate through databases and retrieve information electronically. Ability to quickly learn new programs and systems – namely, Keynote
- Ability to multi-task effectively, and to work both independently and in a team environment
- Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully handle multiple priorities
- Hardworking driven individual with effective persuasion skills.
- Please submit salary expectations